Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Front Bumper 49 P/U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Bumper 49 P/U

I'm building a 49 P/U street rod, would like to put different bumper on the front. Does any one have any ideas as to what look good?

Thanks,

Mike

Not to evade your question, but "street rod" can mean a lot of different things to different people. Perhaps if you posted a picture or two so we can get a feel for the "look" you are going for someone could help.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Mike-
      Yup, those stockers are ugly.
      I made a gull-wing, drop center bumper for my 53. It all began one day as I was pondering..it has off-center frenched foglights from 18-wheeler exhaust stacks and corner stainless carrige amber LED bolts.
      I'd post a pic if I knew how.
      dan0

Herd:
      06 Jetta TDI
      1941 M15
      1953 2R11
      2001 F-350
      1989 Caprice
      Deere's:
      67' 112H
      88' 332

Comment

quote: I'd post a pic if I knew how.
        Dan,

The image has to be hosted on a website (i.e. Photobucket, etc.). These services let you sign up for free. Download your picture to the site and then copy the URL and paste it here. You do that by clicking on the 4th button from the right above (the one the looks like mountains) and pasting your URL between the [img] brackets.

Bob Shaw also has a "sticky" on the main Forum page that probably explains it better than I can.

Gary (Bottom drawer guy in a top shelf world)

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

A member of my chapter has one with a late model (mid-late 90's or so) Chevy Silverado bumper on it. It 'fits' the truck well.

This is the only pic I have of it. Ignore that old Orange thing.

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

Looks good from the side. Thanks for responding. If you come across any other pictures please post them.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

There are some Studebaker trucks on Webshots that have neat bumpers.

Here is the link

http://rides.webshots.com/album/456971968swIHeE

Leonard Shepherd
              http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I've got a photo (if I can find it) of one fitted with a front bumper from a 90s Jeep Cherokee. Looked pretty good![8D]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                X