Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

3/4 ton long bed for parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 ton long bed for parts

I bought this truck because I wanted the front clip off of it .I have a 1/2 to short bed and am fixing it up. I really dont need the rest though and I would'nt mind selling the rest or trading it. I really would like to have a 3spd overdrive tranny for mine as well. Thanks !

Jared S Yocum

Jared,

Two things might help you. OK, three things. [:I]

A: where you're located
    B: what vintage truck you're talking about
    C: what MODEL of truck (with respect to it's engine) so that we'd know WHICH O/D tranny you are in search of.

Not all Studebaker trucks were created equal.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote: A: where you're located
      Bob,

Jared is near the Subway restaurant in Canton, IL.

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Subway...? OK. But when offering something like this, it still helps to mention where you live - as well as other pertinent details.

Not picking on you, Jared. Just trying to make things go better for ya!

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

How silly of me I"m sorry . I live right out side of Canton IL(19029 E. Richardson RD 61520) and my truck is a 49 1/2 ton short bed with a 170 6CYL three speed. The parts truck I have is a 50 3/4 ton long bed . I really don't know if it has the same 6 or not ,it is 4 speed though and is not running as the head plate is off .But I think every thing is there. Thank you !

Jared S Yocum

Comment

Still for sale . I would take $500 for the whole truck ,or trade for a 3sp /w over drive trans for mine .

Jared S Yocum

Comment

Jared,

I have a O/D transmission in a junk '52 2R10 that I have. I am not keen on pulling it and suspect shipping would be more than it is worth.

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
              X