No announcement yet.

buying a 259

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome valve covers, nuts and breather caps - you have the optional Dress Up kit as well.

Looks good. Good luck, Paul in Caledon.

PS. I read your barn story with interest - just finished a 24 x 48. I wish I had read the comments before I started. You got some good ideas.

Paul

Comment

Cool. Was this a factory option on a 259, or would it have been added later?

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

This engine came from a 1963 Daytona that I owned and sold to a guy that took out the engine to put in a small block chevy.I got the engine back and decided to install it in the car you found it in.
        The engine was always a good runner,the daytona had A/C so you can see the water manifold heater connection on the drivers side.My friend bought the car from me and put the delco dist in and added the carb.Good Luck Ed

Comment

Todd; YES, there was a "engine dress up kit" chrome valve covers, Caps, washers, nuts, dipstick tubes (2) and dipstick! [^]Just was VERY rarely ever factory ordered, most likely dealer or owner installed, and after all these years probably neither, just chrome valve covers were added![^]

quote:Originally posted by tstclr

Cool. Was this a factory option on a 259, or would it have been added later?Todd
          StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X