Intallation of Vanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Intallation of Vanity

I came across a slide out glove box Vanity in one of the boxes that I got with my Cruiser. I am trying to figure out how it should be installed. I know where, but is it fastened to the cardboard glove box or should it have some reinforcement to the floor of the box? What kind of fasteners were originally used?
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
    I came across a slide out glove box Vanity in one of the boxes that I got with my Cruiser. I am trying to figure out how it should be installed. I know where, but is it fastened to the cardboard glove box or should it have some reinforcement to the floor of the box? What kind of fasteners were originally used?
    It fastens with three short screws that I believe (CRS) go into steel. My Daytona convertible was missing the vanity when I bought it and Rerun gave me his including the screws. Holding it in place at the lower right of the glove box opening and you should be able to find the screw holes (I assume the Cruiser had the vanity at one time). The '65-'66 parts book probably shows the size of the screws (I'd go look, but it's raining here right now and my books are in the shed). Let me know if you don't have the book and I'll dash out anyhow.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I'll go check in the parts book. As far as I know the Cruiser did not come with a Vanity. I know there are tabs, which I assume the screws go through, but do they just go through the glove box or is there supposed to be some kind of reinforcement? It just seems that the the glove box material is not very strong and might not stand up to the sliding of the Vanity in and out.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
      X