Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

I got mine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got mine!

Picked up my Lark today. A great fun 400 mile round trip, but the Lark is at my garage at this point.

Next trick is to decode the numbers.

From the door pillar 59V 33TT3
    From the title 59V 1748

I still need to find the body tag. I am happy to have the Lark, but it looks like a pretty good job looming on the horizon.

Mike

Anticipating picking up the '59 Lark

Speaking of titles, I just got mine today for my GT Hawk. Anyone else have a 2007 Studebaker ? ( Back to the MVA)

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by MikeWay

Next trick is to decode the numbers.

From the door pillar 59V 33TT3
      From the title 59V 1748

I still need to find the body tag.
      Not much decoding to a Stude serial number

59V means 1959 model year with a V8 engine

33TT3 is actually probably 33II3. Stude used an I for the number 1, so it should "read" 33113. This is the sequence number of the car during the production run of 1959 V8 cars.

I don't have a clue what the number on the title is.

The body tag will be on the passenger side of the engine side of the firewall. It will tell the body style (4 door, hardtop, etc.) and the trim level (deluxe, regal, etc) as well as the sequence number of the body which is fairly meaningless.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Picked up my Lark today. A great fun 400 mile round trip, but the Lark is at my garage at this point.
        OK, so- where's the pictures?!?[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Comment

JPD, the 2007 model Studebaker reminds me of a registration event I crossed. The state of KS does not expire a lisense tag on an antique car. I had to register my car at a government facility. The computer would not accept an indefinate car registration. The solution was to enter the year of tag expiration as 2099, it worked.

Comment

You may find that title # is your body tag #....look one the engine side of passenger fornt cowl to see....Speaking of titles (and maybe needing a new thread), I finally got mine for this Cruiser that was never sold or tagged from the dealership. The Mass title division of the RMV really busted my aggots requiring a 5 document process. I was also helped by an RMV "insider" who could only move the process so far....Anyway, in my travails I thought about simply buying one of the "quickie" titles from Hemmings and other publications. I was told that the RMV here in Mass were essentially "challenging" such titles for reasons of there own....it was mentioned that with the high
            muscle car pricing we've seen in the past few years the level of title fraud had risen significantly.....Buyer Beware...!

Comment

Yeah, looks like they used the body tag numbers to register your Lark with! That title should show the same number as on the door jamb![:0][:I]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I stand corrected.

The VIN = 59V 33113
                The body tag = 59V - J6

The engine casting #

Pictures will go up tonight.

Mike

Anticipating picking up the '59 Lark

Comment

According to my title, I have a 1948 Studebaker Wort from Ohio.

(The "Wort" coming from Studebaker-Worthington, no doubt. Amazing. Anyone else have a Stude Wort? Not wort from the making of beer, and not wart, either[B)]

KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I even have a connection at the MVA now since I've buddied up to the lady supervisor. Today I went to get the title fixed and get another car titled and took my number to wait for a half hour or so. While waiting I thought the supervisor would get a kick out of my 2007 Studebaker and walked up to her window to show it to her. Not only did she get a kick out of it, she corrected it on the spot and noticed my other paperwork and offered to do it too. I was in and out in ten minutes.

JDP/Maryland
                    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                    64 GT R2
                    63 GT R2
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    59 3E truck
                    58 Starlight
                    52 & 53 Starliner
                    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I just got around to reading this JP.[B)] But I think I understand now, how it is things like this seem to work in your favor. One LOOK at you and they figure you NEED help![xx(]
                      Hey - I ain't knockin' it. Whatever works![)]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mike W; you will find your real engine Serial number on the drivers' side front, top corner of the block next to the oil filler pipe (or block-off plate) on the flat machined pad. The casting numbers of course are all the same, since they are part of the mold. [:0]

I stand corrected.
                        The VIN = 59V 33113
                        The body tag = 59V-J6 7343
                        The engine casting #
                        StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks StudeRich, with enough hours on tis forum I figured that one out. Looking for a pressure washer to clean the block so I can actually see it.

Mike

got my '59 Lark

Comment

As it is a flat machined surface, you can probably dig around with a small putty knife and get the numbers that way.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                            X