Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RareBird
    replied
    Success!! By opening the clutch pulley and recruiting my neighbor, it went on without a hitch.
    Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• RareBird
    replied
    Thanks for the input. Gonna give it a shot after work.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    No, putting 12 volts to the solenoid will not open it up. The engine must be running for the system to work that way.

You should be able to push the movable pulley half back by hand with the engine off, and quickly get the belt to the bottom of the groove.

It will be a bit difficult, but if you can't at all, there's something wrong with the supercharger. BP

Leave a comment:

• RareBird
    replied
    Can I just put 12 volts to the soleinod to open it up? I beleive that is what the problem is - it's not opened up.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Be sure the inner, movable pulley half of the variable speed supercharger is all the way back toward the supercharger housing, so the blower belt is as low in the supercharger pulley as possible.

You may be trying to install the belt while it is riding high in the variable-speed pulley, and that can be darn near impossible. BP

Leave a comment:

• studebaker-R2-4-me
    replied
    Originally posted by RareBird View Post
    I'm trying to install belt on my Packard Hawk.I've pushed tensioner pulley towards the SC and don't have enough belt to get it around the pulley. I seem to be about 2 inches short. Whats the trick. Original belt looked great so I am reusing it.
    Push harder! I use an 18" mechanics prybar and wedge it where you will get the arm to move and slip the belt over the pulley saving my fingers from getting pinched

Allen

Leave a comment:

• RareBird
    started a topic Engine: Supercharger belt

Supercharger belt

I'm trying to install belt on my Packard Hawk.I've pushed tensioner pulley towards the SC and don't have enough belt to get it around the pulley. I seem to be about 2 inches short. Whats the trick. Original belt looked great so I am reusing it.
Working...
X