Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jallen
    replied
    Thank you, and good luck with your rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• doublepaddle
    replied
    I cannot find the slip for the gasket set from NAPA. You can try HS76695-2 ..........Do not know if that is the one. They have me listed as a 3E7 4.2 L 259 CID V8 if that helps. The parts man is also my mechanic so I do get a good discount. He got the gasket set himself and I may not have gotten a slip .

Leave a comment:

• jallen
    replied
    Doublepaddle, do you have a Napa PN # for the gasket set??

Leave a comment:

• doublepaddle
    replied
    I got a pretty complete set at NAPA for a 259 V8. I needed to get the valve cover grommets from SI but everything else was there. About $65.00.

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    Since Felpro no longer markets complete Studebaker overhaul gasket sets they are now sold by our vendor wholesaler to us vendors in several boxes taped together to make a complete set. In other words, separate pan gasket set, separate rear main seal,separate valve cover grommets, etc. If you have found a complete set of gaskets for that price you are one lucky guy!
    Last edited by 41 Frank; 05-20-2012, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greyben
    replied
    Fel Pro sets no longer include the valve cover grommets and a lot of the smaller gaskets they included in the past.

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    I know you stated that the set is 'complete', but make sure it does include the crankshaft rear seal.

RockAuto.com is showing the Felpro FS7669S2 for $126.

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    started a topic Engine: gasket set

gasket set

I've found a place that sells complete fel-pro gasket sets for the studie v8's for $135. Is this a good price ? Thinking I should order one or two.
Working...
X