Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jab-ph
    replied
    Took the cover off this morning and measured 18 13/16" from the edge of the trunk lid to the center of its attachment hole.

Leave a comment:

• larryyano
    replied
    Maybe we should compare the size of the kits. I'm out of town and won't see my car until Monday. I'll measure the diameter and let you know. Someone else may be able to supply that info before then.

Leave a comment:

• Kdancy
    replied
    Originally posted by larryyano View Post
    From the back edge of the trunk. The edge near the rear window.
    Larry, I took that measurement and it seems to far back -- but I wonder if when you tighten the fiberglass surround down, if it will "flatten" out and suck down to the deck lid on the back edge?

Leave a comment:

• hausdok
    replied
    Hi Kerry,

I'd help, except when I got Rusty Hawk he was missing his fake spare and the hole was rotted out around the edges and about an inch and a half in diameter. When you figure it out, let me know what you came up with.

Leave a comment:

• larryyano
    replied
    From the back edge of the trunk. The edge near the rear window.

Leave a comment:

• Kdancy
    replied
    It was the kit that came off the car, I have no idea if it is an original PH kit but the fiberglass piece looks just like the ones I've looked at. I figure if I get the proper known measurement for the hole, it will tell me a lot.
    Larry, I will pull that measurement tomorrow. Do you mean from the back edge of the stainless trim on window rubber?

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Are you sure that you have the correct kit?

Leave a comment:

• larryyano
    replied
    Edge near window to center of hole - 19 1/4".
    Someone emailed me with some Packard Hawk finish questions a while back and I lost the email. and I apologize. Not sure if it was you or not but let me know if I may help.

Leave a comment:

• 58 PH deck lid hole for Continental cover kit

Can anyone give me the location of the factory drilled hole for the kit cover? The one in the deck lid we took off puts the cover hanging over the rear edge a bit and leaves an air space. It may not have been the stock location? I need the measurement from the front edge of the deck lid back to where the hole is drilled.
    Thanks!
Working...
X