Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

1952 radiator retro question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: 1952 radiator retro question

hey ya'll...just wondering what kind of radiator will retrofit into my 52. i have not been able to find one that will fit for the right price, which is cheap, im on a serious budget. i would like to find one at a pull a part or a junk yard somewhat close. i am keeping the original motor so everything would be about the same. i was told that an early mustang will fit, but i need some more advice.
    thanks!!

Car? Truck?

Have you checked out a radiator shop?
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by studeillac1952 View Post
      hey ya'll...just wondering what kind of radiator will retrofit into my 52. i have not been able to find one that will fit for the right price, which is cheap, im on a serious budget. i would like to find one at a pull a part or a junk yard somewhat close. i am keeping the original motor so everything would be about the same. i was told that an early mustang will fit, but i need some more advice.
      thanks!!
      WELCOME!!!

Forum member Michidan has a BBC in a 52 so he should be able to help. PM him as I'll bet has found one that fits.

Otherwise Summit Racing, Speedway, Jegs and many others carry a wide variety of Aluminum radiators. Check out their sites after you measure height, width and thickness. If you still can't locate one that will fit just Google the size you need and you should find what you need for under $200.

Also search Ebay.

Good luck, Bob

Comment

Welcome Studeillac.
        From your profile it looks like you have a '52 Car. I can not tell you what will specifically work since I have a truck. But I just measured up my opening and space and what sides my inlet and outlet needed to be on and found one online that was a nice, well made, all aluminum, tig welded, cross flow style that had welded in threaded bungs for mounting it and I just bent some 22ga sheet metal into a Z shape and drilled 8 holes in it and it looks like it was made for it and it runs plenty cool for my truck and V8 conversion. I only paid $150 delivered...great deal and easy modification. The place had them in all kinds of sizes and shapes. I will try to find an email link and post it here for you.

Comment

Here is the one I bought, check their ebay store for other sizes that may fit your core support better:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Pr...item19cc23b65b

Comment

Naw, I really cannot help. I bought a griffin aluminum for my 52 and the price was decent as far as new radiators go.
            But it's relocated forward 3 inches, dropped, and plumbed totaly different. Inlet / outlet are for the Chevy, not the stock motor.

Comment

What about the factory one ? Just saying if you have the factory engine ?

If yours is bad I have one out of my 52 that I won't be using just pm me if interested.

Dean

Comment

sorry guys i am the proud owner of a 1952 commander starliner coupe. its ALOT rough but thats what a quick 300 bucks will get you. this is my first real restoration job and let me tell you, its a job. but its 95% there, just missing some little things, and a couple of big things. but i am learning alot. got the passenger floor pan started and will be finishing up that one on sunday. but if anybody has any tips or hints for me or can point me in some directions of links or anything on my first real restoration that would be great.

and thanks for the suggestions. i will bust out my speedway catalog this weekend and look into a couple of radiator shops around me...thanks again guys...

Comment

i think i have to keep it more simple...my brain is going 1000 miles a minute...

Comment

Working...
                  X