Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

60s - header pipe to manifold gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust: 60s - header pipe to manifold gasket

All,

Am thinking more about how the stainless exhaust sitting on the floor of the garage needs to be hooked up and attached to my 60S-W4.

Question is about the gasket between the header pipe and the exhaust manifold. I did not get a gasket with the system and I am wondering if there is a universal exhaust pipe gasket that will work with these?

I could always drag the pipe down to my local FLAPS but it would look kind of awkward walking in with a six foot piece of exhaust pipe into a store...

Thanks ahead.

Trace it on a piece of paper.....
    Man, you PA people
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

What type of paper is best to use? jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Well, not Charmin'......

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

What's wrong with dragging a big pipe into a parts store? I worked in the biz for over 20 years and stuff like that was common. The people I hated to see come through the door were the ones who came in at 5 minutes before closing time carrying a fist full of cut up, rusty brake lines that were still dripping brake fluid all over the floor.

To answer your original question: Any good FLAPS should have a gasket that will match up to what you need.

Dave Bonn
          '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

If you are talking a V8 the pipe to manifold is about two feet long not that hard to carry into store. If its a V8 just ask for caddy pipe gasket 1956 - 66 Advance auto has two listed got mine the next day about $2.50 each. I ordered 9 to have spares they are not they pressed steel but composite which I have better luck with.
            Rock auto also has the Caddy ones with pictures on there site
            The best paper to use are Dollar bills

Comment

FelPro 60052 work great for 61 0r so falcon composit with inner metal ring. Lou Cote

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                Well, if you're tracing, use tracing paper. If you're copying, use copy paper. If you're making it up from scratch, use a scratch pad. I wrote this on the funny paper. Man, you AL people !
                Jim
                Often in error, never in doubt
                http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                X