Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Stomberg carburetor help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stomberg carburetor help needed

I have a 1962 WW Stromberg and a 1964-64 WW kit. Is this one of those cases where the kit will just have extra parts or are they too different to use? I hate to open a sealed package and then find it won't work.[?]

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
    since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Hello,is anybody out there?

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
    since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I don't know for sure. Maybe nobody here does.

If it was me, I would use the '64 kit. I can't think of anything that wouldn't work...even back to the "backdraft" WW's used on the 53-55's.

Gaskets, needle and seat, accelerator pump, check valve balls...that's about all that is in there.

If the '64 is packaged in a see through envelope, check the shape and holes of your existing gaskets against those in the kit.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I know years ago I got a Stromburg kit that turned out to be the wrong one, the accelerator pump rod was straight and the one I needed had a bend in it, everything else was the same.

Jeff DeWitt
        Jeff DeWitt
        http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Working...
        X