Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

T Cab Axle Splines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axle: T Cab Axle Splines

Are the splines on a 1/2 ton T Cab ('63/'64) the same as a car? What # splines? I'm thinking of changing the rear in my Dad's '64 1/2 ton to something like a 3:73 or 3:54. The truck has a T 85 OD trans. I'd like to be able to use 1st gear again! Thanks
    Rob

Hi Rob,do'nt know the # of splines.but my father had conv. a 1/2ton 4:09 rear to a 3:31 from a car "model 44"
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

19 splines if it's a Dana 44
      Last edited by bezhawk; 04-14-2012, 10:29 AM.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I'm pretty certain they are different

Comment

I removed a Twin-Traction differential from a 1964 Cruiser and installed it into a 1963 1/2 ton Champ. It bolted right in. The Champ axles are different than the car axles but are the same at the splined ends.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Yes-It's a Dana 44. I need to confirm the # of splines as I have a lead on a 3:54 gear set which would give me my 1st gear again. With the V-8 I barely let the clutch out in 1st & I need 2nd ! So 19 splines is correct for BOTH cars & trucks? Thanks!
            Rob

Comment

Working...
            X