Stude Truck Bumper Guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Stude Truck Bumper Guards

Pardon my ignorance, but are the bumper guards shown on this truck original Studebaker factory options? The reason I ask is this same type of bumper guard is on my buddy Bob's '49 truck that we're restoring. I am mostly familiar with Chevy Classic car and trucks--and with GM, any type of early truck factory bumper guard is highly desirable and obscenely expensive nowadays. I've told Bob my 2cents is he should keep his bumper guards. Anybody have any information about this type? Coincidentally his truck is also a 3/4 ton and is the same color as this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeyTruck1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1734965
    1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
    1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
    Robert Rausch

I'm a stude truck 'rookie' and even I have seen those. Surely someone has an ACC book and can answer that one. I know these trucks were very popular, and well respected so I can imagine many aftermarket accesorys that were sold to fit them. Truck dudes?

Comment

That particular design was a factory accessory on 2R trucks. It could also be ordered with a horizontal crossbar. I don't have access to my literature at the moment, but I don't believe it was listed as available for any series other than the 2Rs, though it will also fit the 3R-2E models (and Scotsman) with the small bumper.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks Skip. I'll tell him.
        1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
        1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
        Robert Rausch

Comment

Working...
        X