Cardboard panel between back seat and trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Cardboard panel between back seat and trunk

I'm looking for material to cut the cardboard panel that fits between the back seat and the trunk on a '63 Lark. Yes, I know SI has them, and while I am spending a boatload of money with them on parts already, I have a hard time paying $55 for a piece of cardboard!
    I have all the broken pieces of my original, I just need something to make it out of. Any suggestions?

thanks
    Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
    \'60 Lark Convertible

An old fridge carton (box) was used to make mine, then painted. Ue the inside of the carton so as not to have any printing to cover over. I did not know someone had used an appliance carton until I took the back seat out and saw the outside markings on the carton.
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

On my '54 sedan, I used 1/8" black ABS plastic.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

In my '55 I used 3/16 luan plywood, some scraps I had on hand.

Comment

Go mto an auto upholstery shop and ask for a sheet of chipboard!

Comment

Nice thing about SI 's is that is pre-cut and ready to install for $55 and you know it's going to fit the first time. What's your time worth for 4 hours getting the material, measuring and cutting it? IMHO - That's probably how these vendors price these pieces of cardboard, figuring out what a individual time is worth and then coming up with a price.

Probably cheaper to buy it unless you have some stuff that would work lying around the shop. Good luck.

Allen
            1964 GT Hawk
            PSMCDR 2014
            Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
            PSMCDR 2013
            Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I made mine out of 1/8" Sintra plastic (available at most sign shops) and applied a layer of FatMat sound deadening material on the back side, painted the trunk side matte black. It was pretty easy to cut since I had the mostly intact original for a pattern. I made my rear seat panels and front kick panels out of the same material, plastic won't warp if it ever gets wet.

Comment

Working...
              X