Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard is it to change the Master Cylinder and the Brake Cylinders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5brown1
    replied
    Take some pictures of the assembly as you disassemble it for reference as you put things back together.

Leave a comment:

• new2drive
    replied
    As someone who is finally bringing my brake project to a close, looking back.... yes, the slotted line wrenches are a must!!! And be carefull about how readily available the replacement parts are. When I started diassembling my 40 commander's brake system, there were a few parts that are not available easily. Be very careful not to strip them out when removing them.

Leave a comment:

• irish
    replied
    The hardest part for most people is removing the rear drums (although late 65's have flanged axles making it easy) and bleeding the system afterwards. Don't forget to 'bench bleed' your master cylinder first.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• K-Hawk
    replied
    It is not that hard. use line wrenches, be careful not to strip any connections, use penetrating oil as needed, use only approved brake cleaners. If you are going to have it all apart perhaps you can clean the brake lines, brake cleaner and compressed air, check for rusted lines, clean all flared line ends. Keep all rust particles out of brake lines....keep it all clean read the manual before you start and as needed and you will be fine.
    Last edited by K-Hawk; 03-19-2012, 10:20 PM. Reason: had to stop before I was done

Leave a comment:

• How hard is it to change the Master Cylinder and the Brake Cylinders?

On a 65 Commander?
Working...
X