Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard is it to change the Master Cylinder and the Brake Cylinders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got all of the new parts in. I will say that they all look pretty good. The dates on the hoses are 5/11, 5/11, and 8/11. So no worries there! Fingers crossed that I can get them done this weekend or next!
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Interesting about 'expiration' dates on brake hoses and I'm an alignment, brake and suspension tech by trade. In all fairness; I did replace all three on my 1962 Lark as well as all 4 wheel cylinders and master cylinder with new parts.
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

"Interesting about 'expiration' dates on brake hoses and I'm an alignment, brake and suspension tech by trade."

I just don't think that the "shelf life" on brake hoses have been brought out to the public view, like tires! AND with a single master cylinder, all of your lines, hoses, and cylinders "should" be inspected at least once a year, if not more often.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
          "Interesting about 'expiration' dates on brake hoses and I'm an alignment, brake and suspension tech by trade."

I just don't think that the "shelf life" on brake hoses have been brought out to the public view, like tires! AND with a single master cylinder, all of your lines, hoses, and cylinders "should" be inspected at least once a year, if not more often.

Jim
          Something is amiss since can one say class action lawsuit against every vehicle manufacturer?
          --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

"Something is amiss since can one say class action lawsuit against every vehicle manufacturer?"

I think that's why Raybestos "recommends" replacement every 3-5 years! sell more hoses, <G> and keep the lawsuits to a minimum!

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
            X