Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Fuel Filler

Hi everybody!

I'm planning on pulling out the gas tank on my '63 4 door Lark this weekend and I figure that as soon as I do the fuel filler hose wil self-destuct. I can get any size or type of hose locally at a rubber supply house here. Does anyone know what size and length this hose is?

Thanks, Brian

Whatever you get, be sure it is not susceptible to damage from modern gasoline. Straight rubber will dissolve in the alcohol.

Comment

They have all kinds of rubber products, including Coast Gaurd approved exhaust hose that's pretty much indestuctable.

Comment

Just specify fuel hose. If they have all those products why not use the one designed for the purpose?
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If you're talking about the big rubber coupling that goes between the fuel tank inlet and the valence panel filler pipe, I believe it's about 8" long and 2.5" diameter. Studebaker International has the proper part in stock, so you don't have to guess I replaced mine last year but I didn't measure it, so this is a rough recollection

http://studeblogger.blogspot.com/201...ur-gas-or.html

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Last time we got some of this hose, it was up near 70 bucks and only sold in 3 foot lengths. Wonder what it costs now?

I think we still have it in stock.

Comment

I think last time I did a Lark I bought it at NAPA and they cut and only charged for what I needed. This is straight hose. If you are replacing it in the earlier models or C/K's there is a slight angle in the hose and it can only be replaced with the correct item.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thank you all for the info. I looked at the link showbizkid posted and realized that I should get new grommet and gasket for the same reason I'm going to need a new hose. Ordered it all from SI. $22.00 plus shipping. When you pay for the gas and time to go downtown just for 8" of hose you might as well get the right part to begin with. Sometimes the CASCO in me tries to get me to go cheap.
                Thanks, Brian

Comment

Working...
                X