Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to solve a REALLY stuck clutch problem and bleed your brakes at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, then I have a question.....

I'm dropping a 1GZFE into a Toyota Supra, that I overnighted from Japan. Does it have the 4 or 6 bolt mains that the 1UZFE has, and what's a good recommendation for a Turbonetics Turbo, injectors, FMIC, and external wastegates, because I'm working on getting 600 hp out of this bad boy, like what my buddy is doing. I am also wondering about the tranny behind that engine, should I upgrade and should I put in a carbon fiber driveshaft and splurge on a TRD clutch disk. Also, is there anything I can do about the motor mounts and the shifting, squishy, body mounts underneath that came with the car? Should I go with the big 80mm throttle body because of the high output of the turbo? Also, I've seen the Youtube videos of these cars, and some of these cars tend to dance on the body mounts prior to leaving two tire marks on the road, and I figure I wanna get that fixed with some Delrin inserts to stop the "shifting".

(100 percent sarchasm, although I have known a couple of Toyota techs a long time ago, who could tell you the wonders about the Toyota V8's and tell you all about the Prius's "hiccup").

Sorry, I'm better than that, the cable driven throttle wire from our '85 Oldsmobile that's attached to the stock Studebaker linkage end, is designed to open and close as it should. No car goes anywhere if the engine races like that, or fails to stop.....
    1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Yikes, this thread just keeps getting kookier
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post
        Well, then I have a question.....

I'm dropping a 1GZFE into a Toyota Supra, that I overnighted from Japan. Does it have the 4 or 6 bolt mains that the 1UZFE has, and what's a good recommendation for a Turbonetics Turbo, injectors, FMIC, and external wastegates, because I'm working on getting 600 hp out of this bad boy, like what my buddy is doing. I am also wondering about the tranny behind that engine, should I upgrade and should I put in a carbon fiber driveshaft and splurge on a TRD clutch disk. Also, is there anything I can do about the motor mounts and the shifting, squishy, body mounts underneath that came with the car? Should I go with the big 80mm throttle body because of the high output of the turbo? Also, I've seen the Youtube videos of these cars, and some of these cars tend to dance on the body mounts prior to leaving two tire marks on the road, and I figure I wanna get that fixed with some Delrin inserts to stop the "shifting".

(100 percent sarchasm, although I have known a couple of Toyota techs a long time ago, who could tell you the wonders about the Toyota V8's and tell you all about the Prius's "hiccup").

Sorry, I'm better than that, the cable driven throttle wire from our '85 Oldsmobile that's attached to the stock Studebaker linkage end, is designed to open and close as it should. No car goes anywhere if the engine races like that, or fails to stop.....
        I prefer the 5SFE, it gets better mileage!

Comment

To bring this topic back into context, I finished wiring in the overdrive back on the car, so for a little fun, I rolled the car over and spun it through the gears on the jackstands. So here' s Part 2 of this little endeavor, with overdrive engaged.....

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
          X