what color glass should I get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: what color glass should I get

I need to get new drivers and passenger side door windows for my 1956 Power Hawk and I need to know if I should get clear or green??? Whatever it came with is what I want and I'm color blind (seriously, I really am) so I have difficulty telling the difference between the two unless they are side by side. Thanks for your help.

Steve

Originally posted by stevo5671 View Post
    I need to get new drivers and passenger side door windows for my 1956 Power Hawk and I need to know if I should get clear or green??? Whatever it came with is what I want and I'm color blind (seriously, I really am) so I have difficulty telling the difference between the two unless they are side by side. Thanks for your help.

Steve
    IF ...you see the word "SOLEX" above original manufacturer's marking, it's tinted (greenish).

Comment

Better match what is in the car. I don't know if it would look to good, some tinted and some not.
      Klif
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

To: stevo5671,----- If You hold a sheet of plain white paper up against the glass, it will look considerably darker if Your looking through a tinted window.

Comment

The tinted will help the car stay cooler inside, protect the interior, avoid skin cancer, and be easier on the eyes, even if you are color blind. The issue is not so much about color as it is about shade.

Comment

What Joe said.
            My '53 came from the factory with all tinted. Your production order would indicate how it was originally equipped but, your need is to match the vent and quarter windows, unless you want to replace them all. The glass is flat and can be easily cut and replaced by your local auto glass shop. Just take it to them and ask them to match it.
            If you want to do it yourself, just ask them to cut the glass.
            Last edited by rockne10; 03-15-2012, 06:21 PM.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Never thought about looking at the production order...it says tinted glass so that means green right? The rest of the glass (vent, qtr.) look to be original.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo5671 View Post
                ...it says tinted glass so that means green right?
                I, also, am a bit colorblind. I suspect the factory tint does lean to the green. It's probably best to ask a woman. Red/green color blindness is more predominant in males. If females suffer from the affliction, it is more commonly in the yellow/blue spectrum. I know a comparison with clear glass is obvious.
                Last edited by rockne10; 03-15-2012, 07:39 PM.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10,
                '51 Commander Starlight,
                '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                X