Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota/Wisconsin folks: recommended Chrome vendors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Minnesota/Wisconsin folks: recommended Chrome vendors?

HI,
    I'm in St.Paul area; I know there are a couple chrome platers still in business that have not capitulated under EPA burdens..... anyone in the area have a favorite who does really nice work? I have generally good cores, but the front bumper needs a few small dings taken out, etc.. so want someone who will do a little more work than dipping and chroming. I used Triple-A Plating for my Model-A Ford, but was for only a few small pieces (mostly stainless on the '30 Ford, and I didn't re-do the bumpers.....). They were ok, but thought I'd check and see if anyone has other, better (perhaps less costly??) suggestions. I paid $75 for nickel-plating a gear-shift handle for the 'A, I recall!
    thanks!

I have had very good experience with Ogden Chrome (www.ogdenchrome.com), they straightened and rechromed my rear bumper after a lady rear ended me at a stop light last summer. (That's a whole 'nother story}. It cost $395 USD and they pay for shipping both ways. They did an excellent job of straightening and plating my bumper, I wouldn't call it show chrome but my car isn't a show car and I wouldn't expect show quality for that price. There is one disgruntled Buick Wildcat owner who posts regularly about how lousy they are, but everything else I have ever read about them is good. I would talk to them and see what you think, I am satisfied with their work and turnaround time was about 2 weeks.

Comment

JR Custom Plating in Forest Lake, who did an excellent job on my pot metal pieces, recommended a place in Brainerd for bumpers and large steel pieces. They said they were a drop site for the Brainerd company. You might give JR a call and see if that is still the case.

Comment

thanks guys; will check it out.

Comment

Try Keystone for bumpers. The did the bumpers and guards on my last 3 cars, look good and held up well.
          Klif
          55 Speedster/Street Machine
          63 Avanti R2
          64 Convertible R1

Comment

Working...
          X