• Show
Clear All

• kmac530
    replied
    No, thank you Mike.

Leave a comment:

• (S)
    replied
    Your new water pump is in the mail. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Power steering and A/C....hahaha, your funny.
    I am not Jon Stalnaker...I have a '49 C-cab with a 289 in it....power steering....lol

Leave a comment:

• jackb
    replied
    if you have no power steering or AC....buy the $80. pump...a good quality belt, and set it slightly on the loose side....adjust once...

Leave a comment:

• Chucks Stude
    replied
    Here is a comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    Like Alan said the basic difference is the ribs on the pump body although I believe it has a larger bearing to carry the additional loads such as the cast iron pulley (3 rib) that the Avanti was equipped with. Whichever pump you get check for the clearance as outlined in Bob Johnstones site before installing.

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    So since I have no SC hanging off the front, and they all flow the same, just a standard $80 pump is fine?
    What is the difference then on the HD pump? Is it also just ribbing stiffeners similar to the Avanti one?

Thanks Alan, or anyone else.
    Kelly

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    The only difference is the Avanti has stiffener ribs cast on the housing to support the pump. Since the Avanti has the pulleys spaced farther out a big clutch fan and perhaps a supercharger hanging off the front end too. The all flow the same.

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    started a topic Cool/Heat: Water pump ?

Water pump ?

I found out that my old water pump leaks like a sieve. It has sat for 35 years.
    I went online to look for a new one. There are 3 different ones I found. A standard, a heady duty, and an Avanti.
    I just want to know which one flows the best amount of water and fits correctly?
    I have a 289 and I was using the actual pump off of the 232 I had.
    It seems as though they are all the same, except possibly the Avanti.

Thanks in advance.
    Kelly
Working...
X