Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

4BBL choke heat tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 4BBL choke heat tubes

On my '62 GT, are the little (1/16 or so) heat tubes which worked the WCFB choke just press-fitted into the intake manifold? The car came with an Edelbrock 1406 with electric choke installed which I'll probably keep on there. The heat tubes and what looks like a broken piece of bakelite from a choke are simply bent off to the side to make room for the Edelbrock.

Can the tubes just be pulled out, and maybe close off the holes with some small screws before repainting the manifold?

Thanks

Paul
    I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

I am on my 1st hawk and it runs some times. It had sent a long time and the gas tank needed cleaned...... If the manifold is off, you can tap out the plug with the tubes in it from the inside of the manifold, out, it is a tapered plug... I just did this to get that plug from 1 manifold- to fill the hole in a 4 barrel manifold,, I put a 1403 on. I put the plug in the 4 barrel manifold, sandblasted the manifold covered the holes in the plug with JB weld both sides sanded smooth and painted black. I also blocked off the exhaust ports into the manifold. If you are going to leave the manifold on I suppose you good grind those tubes off JB weld -smooth- paint good enough. If those tubes fall out and I don't think they will. I THINK they will only fall into exhaust pipe. ANYONE for sure what will happen to those tubes if they fall off into the manifold.?????

Comment

i have a intake for a stude that has one tube its probally a half inch in diameter i knocked it out and plugged it off never seen one like this before does anyone have an idea what this came off of

Comment

@cutitip:

Your intake sounds like the WCFB intake I had for my Speedster.

@K-Hawk:

That tubing is some tough stuff! I gave up trying to cut it off flush with a hack saw blade, and took the manifold off instead. I needed to clean up the valley anyway. Now to find a long enough punch to knock that plug out from the back side!

Paul
        Last edited by 3rdGenStude; 03-12-2012, 09:05 AM.
        I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
        1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Working...
        X