Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Best source for T-85 bearings and synchros?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best source for T-85 bearings and synchros?

Greetings, All,

Am setting up to rebuild five T-85s and a T-10. Can you recommend a current best source for a wholesale buy on bearings, synchros, governors and soleniods?

Also, if anyone has any extra R11 overdrive cores, I can use one. On one unit I tore down, there hadn't been any lube there for a looong time.

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
    PackardV8

Jack, If you come down I can turn you on to a guy down here in L.A. that has a business up on Washington Blvd. that all he does is tear standard trannys apart and save the pieces. He would be one of the best since his prices would warm the cockels of a CFS owners heart.

Comment

Call Studebakers Northwest- they had what we needed for my T-86 rebuild seminar, and great folks besides!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Comment

Hi, Bob,

Yes, they are great guys and I'll talk with them about pricing. When I need to buy six of everything, I am hoping to get a little further back up the supply chain.

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
        PackardV8

Comment

With an order that size, I'm betting they'll cut you a good volume discount.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

Greetings, All, Am setting up to rebuild five T-85s and a T-10. Can you recommend a current best source for a wholesale buy on bearings, synchros, governors and soleniods?
            thnx, jv.

Comment

Working...
            X