Rear Tire Clearance comparison, '56 Hawk vrs. '58 Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: Rear Tire Clearance comparison, '56 Hawk vrs. '58 Hardtop

Does anyone have information regarding rear tire clearance comparison between the '56 Hawk body and the '58 Starlight Hardtop body ? Not worried about wheel offsets just the raw opening width. So, without any modification, which will accomodate the wider tire?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Dan,

They should be identical. The quarter, innier panel, and rear axle width is the same. Your good.

Jon Kammer

Comment

Dan,

Wait a minute. By 58 hardtop what body code are you talking about? A "K" body? All C & K would be identical but anything else I would not know. Sorry if I miss informed you.

JK

Comment

JK, I meant the Starlight Hardtop. You by chance running a three deuce setup on a Stude V/8? Thanks, Dan

Comment

Not sure how it may affect the width. or where the sidewall is the widest, but 58 was the year of the 14 inch wheels...... all the rest were 15

Comment

(S) True they were standard, but weren't 15s optional ? My only concern was the actual width of the opening as I suspected it might be larger on the big car style bodies as opposed to the Hawk bodies. Likely is they are the same. Thanks,
            Dan

Comment

Working...
            X