54 K rear seat back interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 54 K rear seat back interchange

Sorry if this is a repeat but I can't seem to find the information that I thought I had seen posted as far as year spread for interchange of rear seat back section.I'm getting ready for upholstery ordering and I've found my rear seat back has more rust than I'm comfortable with for reusing and I need to know the year spread that will interchange.I think 1953-1957 but I'm not positive when they redid the rear drive shaft tunnel.But maybe that only effects the lower seat frames which mine are good and I only need the upper rear seat back.Does anyone have one in the Wa-Or area?Also I'm going to bucket style seats for the front.I have a set from a 62 GT I believe by the upholstery style.My Hollander interchange manual shows a difference of interchange between 62 and 63.Any ideas why?As I want to reupholster in 1964 pattern. Thanks. Bob

Can anyone give me the year of the drive shaft tunnel changes to the floor pan on the C/K bodies.Thanks.

Comment

To: Robert,---- Definitely 1958 on the floor/tunnel change. I'm guessing, but I believe the rear seat backrest You need would have to come out of a '54--'57. But it's possible the '54 is unique at the center
      armrest area.

Comment

I had't thought about the rear seat divider arm rest and rear seat back frame.Correct me if I'm wrong but 53 used a non removable arm rest,54 had a 3 peg arm rest that was removable,and 55 and later had a pop up arm rest that folded down semi flush with the lower seat cushions?I'd like to use the pop up fold down type as my original removable 3 peg rest is long missing.Does anyone have have any words of wisdom on the various types and fitment or personal experiences? Bob

Comment

To: Robert,------Sure, thats a good idea. The drop down type armrest style is an improvement, I think. What You are looking for is a '55--'57 ( K ) 4pc. backseat assy. (Backrest, L&R lower cushions, and center
          armrest assy.)

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            To: Robert,------Sure, thats a good idea. The drop down type armrest style is an improvement, I think. What You are looking for is a '55--'57 ( K ) 4pc. backseat assy. (Backrest, L&R lower cushions, and center
            armrest assy.)
            This is good information, but I believe that you can use either C or K parts.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X