No announcement yet.

clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the rendering of the blue coupe since you did not mess with the basic beauty of the lines, just enhanced them.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

and now for the rest of the story....who is brave enough to produce a steel and/or fibreglass body...talk about a profitable item...The street rod world is more than ready. Our totally stock, frame-off restored '53 is popular at every show and cruise night. A '53 street rod like Dick's will get attention 24/7. The body lines do it........Brad

Comment

The fiberglass C-K bodies are made near me here:

http://www.the-glas-shop.com/ck.htm

JDP/Maryland
        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
        64 GT R2
        63 GT R2
        63 Lark 2 door
        59 3E truck
        58 Starlight
        52 & 53 Starliner
        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Hey, thanks for the nice welcome guys! I've seen that green Stude up close and it is a very nice car. We will definitely be down for at the Puyallup Goodguys show. We just got back from the Columbus GG show and it was great. Some awesome Studebakers back there.

There just isn't any need to mess with the lines of these cars, they just look too good. The one thing that the rendering left out is that we are keeping the door handles.

I'll definitely keep you guys posted on the car, and I will definitely be asking questions!

Dick- If you do come down to the show, stop by and say hi!

Comment

Craig
            You might want to steal our own Dave Lester's idea for door handles. (Dodge Intrepid), everyone else has pictures here:

http://members.provalue.net/studes/STUDE35.HTM

JDP/Maryland
            64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
            64 GT R2
            63 GT R2
            63 Lark 2 door
            59 3E truck
            58 Starlight
            52 & 53 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by CraigMorrison
              Dick- If you do come down to the show, stop by and say hi!
              I will Craig. I'll be at the show on Friday, make a few passes at Pacific Raceways Friday night, then back to the show on Saturday.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Craig
                You might want to steal our own Dave Lester's idea for door handles. (Dodge Intrepid), everyone else has pictures here:
                I dunno John. They look perfect on Dave's car, but Craig has kind of a nostalgia theme going with his project. IMHO, it may look a little funny to have modern door handles on a 50's looking car. Kind of like billet double dubs on a stock Lark [xx(] (just MHO).

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Fair point, but if the goal is to retain and enhance the lines, I think the Intrepid handles do that and I even sell the Studebaker handles.

JDP/Maryland
                  64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                  64 GT R2
                  63 GT R2
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  59 3E truck
                  58 Starlight
                  52 & 53 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm trying to think of what cars they were used on, but I know that there was some vintage car that had "hidden" chrome door handles that were flush with the body when not in use. Maybe a Bentley? or Ferrari? I don't remember...

I agree, vintage themed stuff is cool. Heck, I even like the wheels on the "before" car.

nate

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                    --
                    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Actually, I think we are going to keep the stock stainless door handles. They look pretty good, and I don't have to mess with altering the door panel for new ones!

Comment

Absolutely the most helpful awesome bunch in the world. GREAT PICS

Comment

Late 50's Chryslers had a flush handle, chromed with vertical ribs. The complaint at the time was that they weren't kind to manicured and polished ladies nails.
                          ErnieR

quote:Originally posted by N8N

I'm trying to think of what cars they were used on, but I know that there was some vintage car that had "hidden" chrome door handles that were flush with the body when not in use. Maybe a Bentley? or Ferrari? I don't remember...

I agree, vintage themed stuff is cool. Heck, I even like the wheels on the "before" car.

nate

--
                          55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Hey guys, good morning. We just did another frame for a 53, but this customer is putting a 392 Hemi in this one! These cars are real hot right now. It's been our experience that car styles come in waves, but as I said earlier we have done a lot of chassis for the 53's. Maybe I'm just more aware of them now that I own one, but I'm pretty sure we have done more this year so far that in the last few combined. Just thought you'd be interested.........

Comment

Since most of the passenger car frames are quite similar, have you ever
                              considered offering frames for a Lark has well? The Lark frame could
                              also be used in an Avanti will minor additions. Just curious.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by CraigMorrison
                              but as I said earlier we have done a lot of chassis for the 53's.
                              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

ok ok; ill see that fine ride this weekend. friday night should be a mind blower. i think i will use the glass front end. only in america! stude13

Comment

Working...
                                X