69 Avanti II Radiator Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: 69 Avanti II Radiator Hose

Have a question im working on a 1969 Avanti II, the upper radiator hose goes from the water outlet then curves and goes behind the alternator and connects to a T connector, another hose connects to the T connector and goes to the radiator. Where do i find a new upper hose,that goes from the water outlet to the T connector ? This car has the corvette 327 V8. The hose is about 12 inches long i believe.and its a molded hose.

Thanks
    Dave Kahn Avanti #299
    Last edited by myhawk62; 02-24-2012, 08:48 PM.

Unfortunately you will have to source that one yourself. It sounds like the surge tank on your car was removed at some time. The '69 Avanti IIs came equipped with a modified Studebaker surge tank. The tank was mounted on the engine and had two hoses on either side. One hose went to the thermostat housing and the other went to the radiator. You can take measurements of your current hoses and go to NAPA and look at the photos and dimensions in their hose catalog. Or take a photo of what you have installed and send it to Dan Booth at Nostalgic Motors. He specializes in Avanti IIs and is a reputable vendor. He may have seen a set up like your before and knows what hoses you need.

Comment

Originally posted by myhawk62 View Post
      Have a question im working on a 1969 Avanti II, the upper radiator hose goes from the water outlet then curves and goes behind the alternator and connects to a T connector, another hose connects to the T connector and goes to the radiator. Where do i find a new upper hose,that goes from the water outlet to the T connector ? This car has the corvette 327 V8. The hose is about 12 inches long i believe.and its a molded hose.

Thanks
      Dave Kahn Avanti #299
      Dave

This is from the AOAI forum
      1983 Avanti, 305 with filler cap inline with top radiator hose. Using the information in this forum I just had my hoses replaced. The mechanic ordered several of those mentioned and found the following perfect fit. Lower = NAPA # NBH 7390 (Gates 20627), no changes needed. Upper = NAPA # 7686 (Gates 20812, if you cut this hose to fit the current long part from the filler cap to the block, this will leave enough to replace the short part from the filler cap to the radiator.
      Try these first. If that doesn't fit then take the old ones to your local auto parts store FLAPS and see what they have hanging in the back room. Remember that they make Adapters if one end is to big.

Welcome by the way.

Bob

Comment

To: sweetolbob,------ Thank You for posting the radiator hose interchange information. This is the type of material that can be very helpful to Avanti owners in emergencies.

Comment

Just a side question here. I have seen the term FLAPS a few times. What does FLAPS stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
            Just a side question here. I have seen the term FLAPS a few times. What does FLAPS stand for?
            Friendly Local Auto Parts Store
            Jim Bradley
            Lake Monticello, VA
            '78 Avanti II
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X