Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Edelbrock install report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock install report.

Nothing new here, just wanted to share my latest "improvement" to the 57. Very easy, took about 3 hours all told. Runs better, idles better, MPG report later, I'll take any improvement, but hoping for 1.5 to 2MPG.

W/O filter. Throttle linkage bolted right up, think I will have to adjust the it later, a tad short. Boy- that breather cap looks funny, rattle can black here I come!

Had to move the oil filter forward about 1/8", very close with 14" air filter. O-well, it will be moved to the other side when the A/C goes on. I borrowed the air cleaner from another car that is sitting idle, I may change it later, I wanted to drive it.

Looks faster, don't it?

More pictures here,
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/r_rith.../ph//my_photos

Ross.
    Riverside, Ca.
    1957 Provincial X2
    1958 Transtar
    1963 Lark. F.S.
    sigpic
    Ross.
    Riverside, Ca.
    1957 Provincial X2
    1958 Transtar

Looks good, by the way I found that I could go about three stages leaner on crusing if I used the heavier step up springs, which gave me a two mpg improvement.
    David

Comment

Yep, it certainly looks like your wagon is ready to hit the drag strip! Nice car, BTW.

Comment

So that's what it'll all look like when I get off my @$$ and get one of those intalled?!?!?!
        Very cool!!!
        [^]

StudeDave [8D]
        V/P San Diego County SDC
        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
        '57 Commander 2dr
        '57 Champion 2dr
        '58 Packard sedan
        '65 Cruiser
        StudeDave '57