Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

155/8015 Tires on 62 Lark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: 155/8015 Tires on 62 Lark?

BFG makes a Radial T/A in a 155/80/15 size. The specs are as follows:

155/80R15
    Load Index 83 = 1074lbs (487kg) per tire
    Speed Rating “S” = 112mph (180kph) 83S SLMax Load = 1,069 lbs
    Max psi = 35 psi
    Treadwear: 400
    Traction: A
    Temperature: B400 A B Load: 1069 lbs.
    12/32" tread
    19 lbs. 4.5-5.5" wheel range
    6.1" Section width on 4.5" rim
    24.7" overall diameter

I was thinking of using these on the front of my Chevy V8 Lark with BFG Radial TA 235/70/15 tires in the back on my stock rims that are being widened to 7". I like the idea of the wide tires on the back and skinny on the front. The car currently has 205/75 on the front which are too wide for the stock 4.5" wheel. I think this size on the front will maintain the steering geometry and make it a little easier on the old arms (manual steering). I won't be doing any corner carving, so what do you think?

Another option wouold be Kumho tire in 195/75/15. This has a 27.1" diameter and is a little wide for the 4.5 rim (they recommend 5" - 7" rim), but would work and would fill up the wheel well, But then I'd have to get the same brand for the rear, not BFG, because I can't stand mismatched tire brands on the car.

Comment

If you are going for the "big and little" look, I don't see why the 185's wouldn't work. They are a little smaller than stock, but that's what you want, right?

Kumho makes a 195/75R15? That's good news, if true. That size is as close to a perfect fit for later model Studebakers as you are likely to find.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
        If you are going for the "big and little" look, I don't see why the 185's wouldn't work. They are a little smaller than stock, but that's what you want, right?

Kumho makes a 195/75R15? That's good news, if true. That size is as close to a perfect fit for later model Studebakers as you are likely to find.
        Man this is wierd. When I was looking at Tirerack.com this morning I came across the 195/75/15 tire It was Kumho Solus KR21. I even wrote down the specs and the price. It was priced at $70.00 which I thought was great but not really out of line because the same tire in a 235/70/15 for my rears is $91.00. Now I can't find it. I wonder if somehow I got linked to an out of date page on their website. However, as I was trying to prove I'm not nuts by finding it, I did find a guy selling 195/75/15 tires in England (Remington brand). (excuse me - tyres...)

Comment

Working...
        X