Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Fuel Gas Temp & Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo/Tach/Gauges: Fuel Gas Temp & Amp

I would like to replace the gauges with new Stewart Waner gauges. Ar e the originals 2 1/16 inch? And what is the ohms of the fuel gauge? There are many of these out there!

Does this mean that you have a '56 to '61 Hawk or maybe a '62-'64 GT Hawk?

Or maybe a '55 President Speedster with 6 Volt Gauges?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

It is a 1962 Hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy Cook View Post
        It is a 1962 Hawk.
        In that case you will have to buy replacement SW or Autometer and paint the stainless bezels Flat Black.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Mr Cook. I want to replace my gauges too with ones that work. Have you noticed how the stock gauges mount in the dash in those boxes. I have only been able to find gauges that have 1 mounting ring that is the size of the gauge does not work on our dash.
          I have concluded that if I cannot find gauges that match our stock gauges I will have to fabricate something. I have considered the following. cut and drill stock gauge box to hold new gauges. make 2 new boxes out of metal. Make a plywood plate to put behind dash, easy, cheap and would help stop rattles.I will incorporate the turn signal light ( it is attached to a box on either side) some how. I have also considered converting to a volt meter instead of amperes gauge. good luck keep in touch K-hawk
          Last edited by K-Hawk; 01-29-2012, 07:49 PM. Reason: re write

Comment

I am considering replacing the gauges in my 63 Hawk as well. Did you decide on your approach? Any recommendations?

Comment

Soo what are you guys gonna do with those old junk guages?

Comment

Working...
              X