Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

'55 President window and upper door moldings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHO
    replied
    OK, after much flipping back and forth between pages using a magnifying glass, we think we have all the molding clips identified and their configurations.

'55 Commander
    '55 President

Leave a comment:

• RHO
    started a topic '55 President window and upper door moldings

'55 President window and upper door moldings

On the '55 President sedan, what kind of molding clips are used for the stainless moldings below, above, and around the windows? By that I mean there does not appear to be sufficient room on the back side of the holes to attach a nut to a threaded clip which are commonly available. I cannot follow the chassis and body manual book at all what with all the 100-4s and 100-5s and such in trying to get from the molding part number/reference # to the actual clips used with them. Just unable to break the code. It appears about 48+ clips of the same type are needed. Mine were all broken off inside the moldings so I am unable to determine how they were attached.
    Thanks

'55 Commander
    '55 President
Working...
X