Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Need a vacuum advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Need a vacuum advance

I need a vacuum advance for a delco distributor the distributor number is 11108393-3D10 , it is supposedly off a 57 silver hawk 289 , but I can't confirm , I would prefer a new one if possible thanks guys .
    Joseph Kastellec

Is there a cross reference available for this distributor ?
    Joseph Kastellec

Comment

Special Interest Autos in Rowlett, Texas rebuilds vacuum advances. They do a good job, and do them "show quality" if necessary. I sent him mine, and he said they didn't have a rebuilt, but had a new one that would adapt. He sent it to me, and I cannot tell the difference between the two. Works great. His Phone/Fax: 1-800-634-2469 (US only). E-mail is jim@special-interest-autos.com.

Comment

Joe: The older NAPA Echlin number for that vacuum advance is VC395.

You might call NAPA and see if they can supply one, or have a more current interchange number. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Play with (raise) the initial and the mechanical advance a little.
          I haven't used a vacuum advance canester for years..

Mike

Comment

Did you find a vacuum advance at NAPA? I had them research a vacuum advance for a Delco, and they could not find one. Just wondering how you did with your search.

Comment

Working...
            X