1956 Dual Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust: 1956 Dual Exhaust

Were all '56 Sky Hawks equipped with dual exhausts regardless of engine selection ?

The four '56 Hawks were defined by their engines. An assumption would be that all Sky Hawks would have been the same.

Comment

'56 Golden Hawk - 352 Packard
      Sky Hawk - 289
      Power Hawk - 259
      Flight Hawk - 170 6 cyl.

I'm thinking that all Golden and Sky Hawks had dual exhaust. Probably optional on Power Hawks, and not available on Flight Hawks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
        The four '56 Hawks were defined by their engines. An assumption would be that all Sky Hawks would have been the same.
        engines, and body type, except for the Flight Hawk with the Champion 6.
        Golden Hawks were Presidents with Packard 352 V8 -- 56J in a K body hardtop K7
        Sky Hawks were Presidents with 289 V8-- 56H in a K body hardtop K7
        Power Hawks were Commanders with 259 V8 --56B in a C body coupe C3
        Flight Hawks were Champions with 185 6 in either a C body coupe C3 -56G OR a K body hardtop K7 - 56G

So as Presidents, all the Sky Hawks would have had dual exhausts one would think

Comment

I have owned my 56 Skyhawk since 1985. Bought from original owner who let it set in a barn from 1970. It had dual exhaust when I got it. Not to say it could not have been changed but I think it unlikely.

Comment

1956 Dual Exhausts

Originally posted by CarCrosswordDan View Post
            Were all '56 Sky Hawks equipped with dual exhausts regardless of engine selection ?
            It gets more interesting with '56 Sedans!

They all have two Tail pipes!

On Champions, and on Commanders with single exhaust, the left side is a dummy.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeRich, as always thanks for the information. yes, that is mind-boggling regarding some '56 dummy duals. But to clarify, you are in agreement the all '56 Sky Hawks would have had duals, even the 2bbl 289's, correct? hanks, Dan

Comment

According to the 1956 specifications booklet dated Nov. 1955, 4 barrel carb. and dual exhaust were standard on the Sky Hawk. It's always possible that some buyer specified a deletion on either item. Then too, the specifications can change at any time during the model year. So, as far as we know dual exhaust was standard on that model.
                D 'N Q RACE ENGINES

Comment

Working...
                X