Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Block HUgger headers and Avanti downpipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust: Block HUgger headers and Avanti downpipes

Small block Chevy in a Lark. Will block hugger headers connect to Avanti downpipes, or do I need to stay with factory ram horns for them to work? Thanks.

I have never been able to fit block huggers. The left side messes with the reach rod (if you still have stock steering).

If you could fit them, the header flange does not end up in the same place as the rams horns.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Look carefully at your choice of brands on block hugger headers.
      I have seen them where the two center exhaust port pipes are on the 'outside' of the collector, and have seen them where the same two are on the inside.
      It might make a difference.
      Haven't tried them, but it might be worth a shot.....
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I have Sanderson block hugger headers in my '70 Avanti and have no clearance issues.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
        X