Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Push rods needed and other info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Push rods needed and other info.

I pulled the heads today to have the valves ground and found that I have 5 bent push rods on the 259.
    I see that SI does not list any, so am wondering if anyone here would sell me some.

I think the 232's are the same, if so I have plenty. I will check tomorrow.

Comment

Be carefull...I believe the pre-259 engines used a different length pushrod than the post-259's.

Mike

Comment

I check my manuals but they only cover 55-58. Those are the same part.

Comment

The push rod length change was in early 1961 models. The prior length was in a range of 11-11/64" to 11-7/32" up to and including 61V-259" V-511,761 and 61V-289" P-74,841. Engine numbers after were 11-21/64" to 11-3/8" long.

Comment

I have been contacted by someone with the parts and have agreed to purchase them.
            Thanks all.

Comment

I know it is now a non-issue, but Studebaker International does indeed list push rods - on page 169. They show 527890 for 1951-Early 1961 (as explained in my post #5) and 1550303 For Late 1961 through 1964.

Comment

Working...
              X