Truck Bed Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Truck Bed Covers

Anyone have any good recommendations on Truck bed covers for the "Champ"? Local dealers say they can't help; one website called interestingly "Truck Champ.com" recommends two companies: Advantage and Truxedo to make them custom for the "Champ". Any ideas out there?

Custom will probably be your only option unless you want to modify the width of the Camper Shell by adding a 1X3 inch piece of hardwood to narrow or widen it to fit.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Never seen any that weren't custom made.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by swedenole View Post
        Anyone have any good recommendations on Truck bed covers for the "Champ"? Local dealers say they can't help; one website called interestingly "Truck Champ.com" recommends two companies: Advantage and Truxedo to make them custom for the "Champ". Any ideas out there?

Check your PM

Comment

Originally posted by swedenole View Post
          Are you looking for a camper shell or just something to cover the top of the bed? Is your Champ a wide bed or earlier (stepside) bed? Many years ago when I had an 8E7 long bed I found a camper shell that would fit it- was listed as a Dodge bed (don't remember the year). When I went back to get it, another salesman had sold it. The owner of the dealership arranged for me to go to the factory (about 30 miles away) and have them build a shell right on the truck. I went there and they did. By having it done at the factory I was able to get a sliding window in the front to match the Champ slider and I could have had the trim match the truck paint (didn't opt for that because I was going to repaint the truck in a different color).
          If you are just looking for a bed cover, I would think a good truck accessory truck store could fit a snap-on type easily (might need minor modification, but doable).
          When I bought my '95 Dodge Ram 2500 I sprung for an expensive rollback type top cover. Big mistake. It fluttered, rattled and leaked. When the spring broke in it I went to Trick Trucks and got a cheap snap-on cover and it has been just fine- waterproof, easy to manage, etc.
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

This thread reminds me of the young (relative term) guy from Florida that used to come to meets in his Champ pickup with a cap on the back. He would sleep in the bed of the pickup unless someone was kind enough to let him share their room. I never shared a room with him because I always had Cathy with me. I wonder what happened to him. The last that I knew, he was selling many cars, etc. to raise funds. Those that were around in the early days of this forum, or maybe its predecessor, will remember him.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X