X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    So we are dealing with a Ford Aerostar Van setup here? That limits our knowledgeable info somewhat.
    StudeRich - We don't have Ford Aero's here, so I guess you would be right. I'll email the previous owner and ask some more questions.

31 Streetrod - Thank you, it looks like you may have solved my problem. I'll pull the pump before I go getting excited and order the parts. 12000 miles is a long way to change them if they're the wrong ones ;-)
    (Both web sites say it's for a GM pump & Mustang steering set up, will this still be the same fix for a Ford Aero steering?)

Thanks guys, I knew the Stude brains trust could help.

Leave a comment:

• 31Streetrod
    replied
    Matt, The GM pump pressure is greater than needed for the Ford R&P. Click on the links below for a solution.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/B.../?autoview=SKU

OR

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mustan...-GPM,5852.html
    Last edited by 31Streetrod; 12-15-2011, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    So we are dealing with a Ford Aerostar Van setup here? That limits our knowledgeable info somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• Aussie Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
    Does it stop doing it when it is warmed up? If it does it has "morning sickness" and needs a new R&P box.

Terry
    I've only driven it a very short distance, the engine was warmed, but probably not the steering system. From what the previous owner said it sounds like temp doesn't play a part in the problem.

I'm going to copy this thread over the Stude Specific section for those that don't read the Stove Huggers section.

Leave a comment:

• dictator27
    replied
    Does it stop doing it when it is warmed up? If it does it has "morning sickness" and needs a new R&P box.

Terry

Leave a comment:

• Aussie Hawk
    started a topic Steering: Power Steering Problem.

Power Steering Problem.

I know this is a technical question, and the steering is in a '47 M5, but it's to do with a Ford Aero power steering servo and a GM pump. I recently took delivery of the M5 from Fred Martin in Atlanta, great guy, and a great truck. I encountered the problem getting it on to the trailer from the shippers, the steering is very stiff, I mean REALLY stiff, almost as if it's locked. I emailed Fred and he said he had it 'freeze' up on him twice before, and had intended to replace the GM pump with a Ford pump, (that he kindly packed in the truck for me).

But I was thinking, before I got changing brakets and hoses etc, there must be some simple, after all it;s a hydraulic pump same as the Ford pump. Have any of you got some ideas, maybe a pressure problem that could be fixed with a different relief valve spring ???
Working...
X