Fuel system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Fuel system

I have a carter carb. mod. 2284s. I would like to know not only what year and what model Studebaker. Also can it be used on my 61 Lark with 259?

According to the listing at The Carburetor Shop, your #2284 WCFB is for a 1955 Packard Clipper V8. As long as you have a Stude WCFB manifold, you can use it on your Lark, sure! Finding that manifold will be the trick, although there are StudeVendors who machine 4v. manifolds from old 2v. manifold cores.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

WCFB manifolds are relatively easy to find, it is the AFB ones that are hard to locate.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Thanks for the help. I have another question. I have a Rochester 4 barrel on the car now. What is the difference between the 2284s carb. and the coreect one in a Carter is it hte jetting?

Comment

How do you identify the WCFB manifold ,is it marked on the manifold? I am running a 4 barrell rochester carb. now.

Comment

How do you determine that the manifold is a WCB. Where is it marked?

Comment

Well, Studebaker only ever made 2 4bbl manifolds for the Stude V8 engine block. Each have 4 intake holes for the carburetor venturis - the difference is in the size of those holes! The WCFB manifold has 4 equal-sized holes. The AFB manifold has two sets of holes; one set (the rear) is of larger diameter to accomodate the AFB's larger secondaries.

Hope that helps!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

If that carb is still jetted and floats set for a 320/352 Packard, it is probably gonna run rich and guzzle gas. You could probably dial it in though.

Comment

Thank you very much this very helpful. Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X