1932 St Regis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: 1932 St Regis

What engines were available in a 1932 St. Regis?

The St Regis Brougham was produced in all model lines for 1932, so it was available as a model 55 with a 230 cu in six, model 62 Dictator with a 221 cu in eight, model 71 Commander with a 250 cu in eight and model 91 President with a 337 cu in eight. There are very few Commanders left. I own a 1932 Studebaker Regal Six sedan, wish it was a St Regis!!!

Comment

There were three 6 cylinders and three 8 cylinders available in 1932 in the Studebaker-Rockne lines. The Rockne sixes were 189.8 and 205 and the Studebaker 6 was 230 CID, for 66, 72 and 80 hp. The Dictator 8 was 221 for 85, the commander 8 was 250.4 for 101, and the President 8 was 337 for 122 hp.
      Last edited by Jim B PEI; 12-13-2011, 10:14 AM. Reason: 63 R2 Hawk answered the question correctly

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
        The St Regis Brougham was produced in all model lines for 1932, so it was available as a model 55 with a 230 cu in six, model 62 Dictator with a 221 cu in eight, model 71 Commander with a 250 cu in eight and model 91 President with a 337 cu in eight. There are very few Commanders left. I own a 1932 Studebaker Regal Six sedan, wish it was a St Regis!!!
        I just purchased a St Regis driver from a collector in California. Lots of cool pictures and history but I can't seem to be able to get the model number and engine displacement. He is sending all the history so maybe I will figure it out.

Comment

Congratulations Ron......

Other than the 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk, the 1932 St Regis Brougham, a true senior classic, is the only other Studebaker automobile I would care to own.

Comment

Look on the firewall (engine side) and there should be a body tag with model body style and body number. If the car is original, that should be able to get engine size.

Comment

If the body tag is not present, you can measure the wheelbase and determine which model you have and, assuming it has the original engine, this will tell you what it is. Google 1932 studebaker and you will find more info than you need.

Comment

Working...
              X