Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Body tag: "NOT JACKED" What's it mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: Body tag: "NOT JACKED" What's it mean?

Dave Thibeault told me he had a '63 Standard Wagonaire that included a small stamped tag attached to the normal body tag that said "NOT JACKED". The Wagonaire had three seats, but it did have a spare - and a jack. [Sounds strange, because I thought they put self-sealing tires and no spare tire in the three-seat wagons in order to provide a place in the well for the feet of the back-row passengers.]

So what did the tag mean?
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Steroid free??
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Maybe someone put a regular spare and jack in it afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by garyash View Post
        Dave Thibeault told me he had a '63 Standard Wagonaire that included a small stamped tag attached to the normal body tag that said "NOT JACKED". The Wagonaire had three seats, but it did have a spare - and a jack. [Sounds strange, because I thought they put self-sealing tires and no spare tire in the three-seat wagons in order to provide a place in the well for the feet of the back-row passengers.]

So what did the tag mean?
        How could a third seat AND a spare plus jack possibly be fitted in that space? No way you could fold a seat flat with anything in the spare tire well.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Some prevous owner probably didn't put self-sealing tires on it at some point and just threw in a spare and jack.
          1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
          1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
          Robert Rausch

Comment

Right, no where to put a spare or jack. But that doesn't explain the tag. Never heard of that one either. My guess is it left the factory with the 3rd seat and no spare/jack.

Comment

Working...
            X