Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

parking brake cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: parking brake cable

I have a question..

I am in the process of converting my 60' Lark v8 wagon to dual exhaust. The emergency/parking brake cable seems to be right smack in the way of the pipes.. My question is, do the pipes go under or over the cable? Either way, it will be rubbing on the pipes unless I do modifications...
    Any advice is appreciated.

Most wheelbases and models of Sedans/Wagons had a dip UP in the pipe and the cable went UNDER it at that point to give clearance right in front of the Muffler.

The mufflers have to have their INLET offset and inboard and their OUTLET centered, and a very close to factory correct OEM set of Head Pipes, Rear Exhaust and Tail Pipes to ever come close to fitting right.

If the Car has ever had Muffler Shop welded pipes, it is often quite hard to ever get the "Factory Fit" they had when new.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thank you Studerich...

Comment

Working...
      X