Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warrlaw1
    replied
    It must have rolled off the line pretty close to mine. Would love to see it at the International in South Bend. I, too have inner fenders for patching. I'm about as far away from you as the others. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• JeffDeWitt
    replied
    Jeff, I understand you wanting to keep the car it's original color and I'm not being at all critical but come on, it's not like 55 Studebakers are lacking in character!

Leave a comment:

• jazinn
    replied
    Thanks for the formula, my son-in-law keeps telling me I'm nuts for repainting it pink but I told him thats what gives it character. Studerich your correct about it being a late model 55 and it was made in Indiana. Colors are Velvet Black and Coraltone

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Coraltone or a very close second with another name pretty much PINK, was fairly common on West Coast (Vernon Plant built Cars) of ALL body types. It must have been a spring color or peculiar to L.A. cars.

Leave a comment:

• clarkwd
    replied
    Coraltoner on 55 Commander

Sorry about hijacking this thread. I was not aware that coral tone was a paint option for 55 except on the Speedster. It is not one of the colors shown on the showroom lit that I have. The formula for the Coral Tone on my Speedster is as follows.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Jeff, if none of these guys that posted can help you with a bat.box let me know I may have a good one here.
    email me at : jzeiger3@yahoo.com

Leave a comment:

• jazinn
    replied
    yea bill it is a coral tone and black 2 door with 18,600 miles. Under the hood seems to be the worst looking area. I have the engine and tranny out, the engine rings are stuck to the cyclinders. Any one have the color codes to match the coral tone? paint?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1364.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1671361

Leave a comment:

• clarkwd
    replied
    55 Commander Battery

This does not look like a repaint. What color is this car? Is this a Coraltone 55?
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• jazinn
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1437.jpg
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1671341Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1436.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1671340Thanks for the input. I'm going to try and send a picture. thanksClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1433.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1671339

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    I might be able to help you. I think I have one I culd cut out a section and a good battery box. Could you post a picture of the rotted out area? There might be others that could help you quicker. It will be a week and a half before I would have time to get it out and ship. I will check in the meantime.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Battery Box

There will be Members here who have parted these C & K Model '53-'55 Coupes and Hardtops out who would have a used Batt. Tray.

As for the Fender patch panel, that would have to be fabricated from sheet metal, unless someone wants to sacrifice a good rust-free Inner Fender to cut out a piece. If the Outer Fender was junk, that might be a possibility.

Someone here will help I am sure.

Thank you very much for helping us, help you, by putting your location in your Forum Profile, that really helps a lot. Many More Members here, need to do that!

Leave a comment:

• jazinn
    started a topic Body / Glass: 55 Commander battery

55 Commander battery

Does anybody know where I might locate a 6v replacement battery box/tray and a patch panel for below the battery? I've had this car in storage for about around 25 yrs and I finally decided it was time to start on it. The battery had leaked and rusted out the box and area below it. Most of the car body is in good condition with very little rust except for this area and front fenders around the vents. Any ideas? Car is a 55 commander 2 dr hardtop thanks
Working...
X