Many Thanks & Shop Manual Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Many Thanks & Shop Manual Question

Many thanks to all who have helped guide me through the mysteries of how best to set up a T86E trans floor shift, and also what we'll need to put a 259 V8 into my buddy's '49 Studey pickup.

Now one more question... which Shop Manual should I buy in order to get the most complete info on the T86E O.D. trans, and a pass car 259 V8. I've rebuilt some 3-speeds before and a 4-speed, so I'm not a complete beginner on transmissions, but it's always nice to have a Shop Manual to consult.

Looking on Ebay I'm finding a 2" thick '56 Studebaker passenger car Shop Manual, which includes the '57 supplement. This is from a place called Faxon Auto Literature. Would this one have all the correct info? Or? Any suggestions? Thanks.
    1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
    1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
    Robert Rausch

You will find a better selection of Studebaker Chassis and Body Parts Catalogs and Shop Manuals at the Studebaker Vendors at: studebakervendors.com

Usually their prices will beat the Auto. Literature Vendors prices and you will get the correct year you need.

If this Trans. is a Car Trans. with the long tail and slide-in driveshaft, your best bet would be '59 to '64 Car Books or the less expensive CD's with everything, all THREE books in one place. The '56 is too old to have the '58 and on Trans.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks StudeRich, I'll check that site out.

Edit: Faxon is on the list!
      Last edited by rrausch; 12-08-2011, 09:43 AM.
      1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
      1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
      Robert Rausch

Comment

Working...
      X