Seat belts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Seat belts.

I want to put retractors on the lap belts from Studebaker Int. Has anyone done this, and what do you recommend?
    peter lee

Years ago, I used the spring loaded, roll up type that installs on the webbing of lap belts. They worked fine. Be sure that the belts are fully extended when in use.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I believe they were called "Roll-a-Belts" & if memory serves me were made by Borg-Warner. Occasionally I see them in the junk yards yet but getting fewer & further between.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

You can buy the roll-a-belt retractors from LateGreatChevy.com. They carry them new. I bought a set from them for the rear seat belts in my Avanti.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Thanks. I'll try it.
          peter lee

Comment

Found 'em

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
            You can buy the roll-a-belt retractors from LateGreatChevy.com. They carry them new. I bought a set from them for the rear seat belts in my Avanti.
            I found them on a website from Andover Restraints, Inc. They are listed as "'50's and '60's style." Thanks for the suggestion.
            peter lee

Comment

Just be a bit careful when you install them...if your fingers slip those things can bite you quick.
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
              X