Let The Games Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Let The Games Begin

Since my starter motor is jammed into the ring gear, I had the car flat bed towed to the shop.

First thing to be removed was the starter, which was fitted with new Bendix and armature..........

The Bendix was chewed up something terrible.......one of it's teeth jammed into one of the ring gear teeth.........the tear down began but will have to wait till daylight......I figure start to finish about ten hours to R&R the ring gear.........oh well..........

Waiting for T/O bearing which was found to be 'sloppy", can not think of a better time to address future problems...ring gear back on flywheel...additional reports as facts present themselves.
    Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
    Since my starter motor is jammed into the ring gear, I had the car flat bed towed to the shop.

First thing to be removed was the starter, which was fitted with new Bendix and armature..........

The Bendix was chewed up something terrible.......one of it's teeth jammed into one of the ring gear teeth.........the tear down began but will have to wait till daylight......I figure start to finish about ten hours to R&R the ring gear.........oh well..........

Comment

Working...
    X