wiring a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: wiring a car

Well,I am going to be starting the wiring of the turbo car. I have got a wiring diagram from the net an d I am going to start to build my own harness in a day or two.Wow, I had my doubts about getting this far in the time I did but it is all coming together quite nicely I got to say. If I said it once I said it a million times..........."This car wants to be on the road" and it shows me that every time I grab a wrench to work on the old girl.She is 10 yrs older than me and being the kind of guy that likes younger girls,this cougar is all right! I just might trade the wife ( 10yrs younger) for a older model lol

I rewired my M15A from scratch. Not the cheapest way to because I bought all my wire and connectors from Del City and many were bulk packaged. I also bought from them the crimp tools for the standard ring and bullet terminals in addition to two special crimpers for the Metripack connectors. Not authentic but better. I ran ground wires so the system didn't rely on the rusty chassis for ground. As opposed to a bought harness, I was able to use heavier gauge wiring and modern connectors. Do a little planning. I used the Metripack connecters between the dash and the body. This allows me to easily remove the dash as a unit.
    1948 M15A-20 Flatbed Truck Rescue
    See rescue progress here on this blog:
    http://studem15a-20.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mookandairin View Post
      Well,I am going to be starting the wiring of the turbo car. I have got a wiring diagram from the net an d I am going to start to build my own harness in a day or two.Wow, I had my doubts about getting this far in the time I did but it is all coming together quite nicely I got to say. If I said it once I said it a million times..........."This car wants to be on the road" and it shows me that every time I grab a wrench to work on the old girl.She is 10 yrs older than me and being the kind of guy that likes younger girls,this cougar is all right! I just might trade the wife ( 10yrs younger) for a older model lol
      Dan

Just a thought but when I thought about wiring a couple of cars the price of all the components was markedly higher that just buying an inexpensive prefabed universal harness. I'm not talking Painless or Francis but Rebel or American 12 or so circuit setups. I know you are on a budget so I thought I'd post.

Bob

Comment

Yes, I will agree with Bob. American Autowire 12 circuit will do just fine and make the job a whole lot easier.
        And Fun too.
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

that is great advice fellas I will look into that for sure.

Comment

Working...
          X