Turner Brake Squeel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Turner Brake Squeel

My 57 GH has a Turner front disc system installed. On moderate to hard stops, they howl like crazy. I've never heard of anyone having trouble with Turner. Anyone else have this experience?
    My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
    Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
    My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

More often than not, brake squeal is due to the brake pads...as in pad shape, material, mounting etc, and not the design of the actual brake system itself. For example, many brake systems on race cars howl like crazy, but racers care little about this and more with shorter stopping distances and fade-free performance. With a street driven car, brake noise, pad longevity, and brake pad dust play a more important role as far as most drivers are concerned. Bottom line, this is not a Turner problem, but probably a pad, or pad mounting problem. Try istalling a quality set of new pads, don't be a caso and buy the cheapest ones because part of the cheaper price was arrived at using cheaper pad material and bonding material methods. My Turner brakes have never made any noise no matter how hard I've used them. Hope this helps. Regards, Junior
    Last edited by junior; 11-27-2011, 02:35 PM.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Here's an interesting web page about brake noise:

Silencing Disc Brake Squeal

Comment

Working...
      X