Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Choke cable knob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Choke cable knob?

Can the choke cable knob be taken off of the cable? I have choke cables available and the knobs come off, and my knob is in good shape, I would just like to swap my stock knob onto my other cable, so I just need to know how to remove the knob from the cable.

Thanks in advance folks.

what vehicle are you talking about?
    sigpic

1962 Daytona
    1964 Cruiser
    And a few others

Comment

1949 2R10...sorry

Comment

I don't think so. The knob and cable core are listed as a single assembly in the parts book.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

So it sounds as though the cable has the knob pernanently molded onto it then. Ok. Thanks that is what I was thinking too since there was no set screw or jamb nut or.....

I just didnt want to try pulling and twisting and break it if there was a specific way to get it off.

Someone previously cut my cable right behing the dash, so it is inoperable. I have some choke cables here that are almost exactly the same except the have a chrome knob. I was hoping to swap out my good stock knob onto one of my cables so I have an OE look with a C on it rather than a generic chrome knob.

HMMMM now what? Cut off the stock knob and epoxy it over the chrome top.....what to do. I will have to look at SI and see if they are even available and how bad it will hurt just to have a "C" on the knob.

Comment

If you can come up with the part # some of us vendors could check our inventory.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Good Idea Frank.
              I am assuming that when my parts book says LHC or RHC it is Left Hand Controls or Right Hand Controls?
              My truck is left hand controls if my assumption is correct. If so the part numbers I need are:

678483 for the knob and cable wire.

678486 for the outer sheathing and tube.

If RHC is something else, then there is a different part number which I have also.

If anyone has one, please let me know...and of course-how much.

Comment

Yes correct, LHC refers to left hand control. RHC is right hand control. All I show in our inventory is the 678486, so not of much help.
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                X