Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Defroster switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Defroster switch.

I am trying to locate a defroster switch for a 1950 Champion. The resistor is burned out on mine so it has only high speed. Any help will be appreciated. Vern

If I were looking I would start with either Bo Markham or Bob Kapteyn, both whom visit the forum. I would start with them as I would think they would be the vendors most likely to still have that switch. After that I would start calling all the smaller vendors till I found one. I got the last one Don Gay had around 5 years ago for my 50 commander and I was actually surprised he still had one.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I am just wondering, couldn't you take the switch to a radio shop, and have him silver solder a new resistor into the switch?

Comment

I appreciate your help. Thank you for taking time to reply. Vern

Comment

I appreciate your help. Thank you for taking time to reply. I am sure with what you told me we will find one. Vern

Comment

Working...
          X