Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Heater floor cutout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater floor cutout

I have assembled all the parts for installation of the heater but I need a template or location diagram for cutting the hole in the floor. The floor has had some sheet metal work done so there is not an existing pattern mark. I don't know how exact the location must be but would appreciate a some guidance

thanks to all

Mike D

Hi Mike,

Just happen to be finishing the inside of my '54 Coupe. Here's a pic of the floor heater area. From the "back side" of the back seat floor tab 26 inches, from the inside edge of the door sill 15 inches and the hole is 9 x 13 inches. Hope this helps.

Henry Votel
    North Star Wheel
    North Star Chapter SDC
    www.northstarwheel.com
    Henry Votel,
    Forest Lake, MN
    Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

Hi Mike,

Just happen to be finishing the inside of my '54 Coupe. Here's a pic of the floor heater area. From the "back side" of the back seat floor tab 26 inches, from the inside edge of the door sill 15 inches and the hole is 9 x 13 inches. Hope this helps.

Henry Votel
      North Star Wheel
      North Star Chapter SDC
      www.northstarwheel.com
      Henry Votel,
      Forest Lake, MN
      Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

For what its worth, I have a heater box for the floor. Has been sandblasted and primed, very solid, will sell for a reasonable price.

Bob

Own '53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3...ontheBeach.jpg
        Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X